Rhapsody in Blues Retreat 2012

I would like to get everyone together before the start of the school year to begin work on the upcoming year’s music, and to get a little ahead as far as material.  I would like to meet with everyone on Wednesday, August 22nd from 9:00 to 2:00 in the high school choir room (BTW – AC is ON and working!!!!).  Lunch will be provided.  We will be working on new music, as well as getting the new members up to speed on some of the more favorite repertoire from past years (per your list).  I would like everyone in attendance.  Please let me know if you have an issue.  From what I have heard, Tennis has a match that day, and won’t be practicing in the morning, and Football does not start until 3:00, so schedules should be open.  If you are in another conflicting activity, let me know (I asked for schedules a while back…).

Looking ahead, I am thinking theme for Night of A cappella.  “8 Track Flashback” comes to mind.  Thinking we can focus on Bohemian Rhapsody, Rosanna, maybe throw in a little Turn the Beat Around (Women) and Jessie’s Girl (Men), and if I can get Don’t Stop Believin’ together as an arrangement, I thought that might work.  We’ll talk more at the rehearsal.  Congratulations again on your membership in the group, and I look forward to seeing you on the 22nd!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Musical Rehearsal Schedule - First Week and Going Forward

OCMA Board of Directors - Remainder of 2018-2019 School Year